The RIS initiative by the European Commission provided the methodological framework for the Małopolska Regional Authorities (PL) to draw their Regional Innovation Strategy. Through the RIS exercise, innovation policy objectives have been harmonized and integrated into the overall regional development strategy. Regional businesses and stakeholders have been surveyed on their innovation needs and the current regional support system has been reviewed.
The result was an action plan to attain the strategic objectives, shared and agreed with the main regional stakeholders, to be implemented through the structural funds 2007 - 2013.
META Group has been the international advisor providing:
- Guidance on the overall process for the development of an effective regional support system for innovation and R&D results valorisation;
- Methodological support for the identification of regional firms needs focusing on their relationships with institutions, technology and knowledge providers and support infrastructure;
- Operational and strategic support for the analysis of the regional supply of innovation;
- Know-how for the preparation of the SWOT analysis of the regional innovation system;
- Capacity building actions: on relevant RIS issues such as study tour design and delivery, institutional relationship building with regional and national stakeholders.
Which is the added value of RIS Małopolska?
Andrea Di Anselmo, Responsible for RIS Małopolska at META Group: “To accelerate the take up of the newly accessed Krakow region of how to better use structural funds to support innovation and technology based development”.
What is the distinctive element of META Group?
Andrea Di Anselmo, Responsible for RIS Małopolska at META Group: “The operational knowledge on design, formulation and implementation of innovation support actions through Structural Funds”.
Mr Jarek Dzalek – CITTRU – Jagellonian University Krakow: “Grazie Mille! We have really appreciated support and knowledge you shared with us. I am confident it will be made the best out of it in our Region”